Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Check

Friday, July 20, 2012

Megan and the Guy, Chapter 2


Chapter Two, in which jailbreaks are to be expected, and certain magical stones’ conditions are to be brought to light

Megan sat in jail, waiting for something amazing to happen: a miracle, an explosion, an evolutionary breakthrough, a flash mob, anything. Her prayers were answered when suddenly a giant watermelon came rolling through the wall behind her.
“I’m free!” Megan shouted, “Thank-you, Nadia! You and your watermelon-y awesomeness have saved me! Now we can go get Morgan’s stone back!” Suddenly the watermelon transformed into Nadia. It is so cool to have a friend that can shape-shift into anything, Megan thought.
“So, Megan, how was the big house?” Nadia teased. Megan just glared. Unfortunately for her, mentally commanding Nadia to forget about that minor detail wouldn’t work.
“Okay, so it wasn’t as great as you’d always wished it would be, but on the bright side, I heard some people at the station talking about Morgan’s stone. They said that it had been stolen from the jeweler’s shoppe. If we wander aimlessly around in a meadow, then we are bound to find out where it is.”
“That sounds like fun, let’s do that!” Megan exclaimed gleefully. So they set off to find their other friend, Morgan.
         Megan and Nadia skipped merrily to Morgan’s house. They knocked on the door eight times and rang the doorbell at least twelve times, before she actually opened the door. When she did open it at last, Megan and Nadia found themselves staring at the bag over Morgan’s head.
         “Did you guys find my stone?” Morgan inquired, optimistically. Megan frowned and Nadia lowered her head sadly.
“Guys, I can’t see you with this over my head, so you’re going to have to talk. I am so not showing my face ever again until I get my powers back. Which means that until I get my stone back, I am an honorary blind person.” Unlike Megan, who was born with her powers, or Nadia, who received hers after falling into a radioactive pond, Morgan required a magical blue stone to activate her powers over water. Megan and Nadia had been diligently working to find it for the past couple of days.
“Okay, then I guess you just won’t get to go frolicking in a meadow with us in pursuit of your stone.” Megan taunted. The very moment the word ‘frolic’ escaped Megan’s lips; Morgan had doffed the bag and was dressed and ready to go prancing in a meadow. 

Chapter 3 to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment