Protected by Copyscape Plagiarism Check

Monday, April 8, 2013

Learning to Breathe

The thrill of existing as words on paper, of being able to breathe by exhaling words, thrills me. It rivets me. It owns me. I am addicted to the thrill, the uncontrollable high of writing and rewriting myself. If you seek answers, look no farther than a blank page; it will show you all you really need to know. More than answers, it will give you a home, a purpose. My voice, unlike most of those around me, isn’t a noise, isn’t some pitch or tone I can recognize in a crowd; it is a completely unique pattern of letters on paper that I can’t explain without changing it. I read the world around me like a book, and I write what I see. Every breath I take is a new word leaving a fantastic new tang on my lips, and the only way to express it is by documenting it on paper with the voice I can’t hear. When the only way to exist is by the stream of words inside of me, every word becomes a piece of me, and I'm confronted with the fact that through my barely legible scribbles, I am learning to breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment